November 10, 2011

Uncle Douglas

I want to be home, I want to be home, I want to be home.

Okay so now that's outta my system.. My Uncle Douglas passed away last night and I want to be home. K it wasn't out of my system. I wasn't super close with him but he is family and an amazing man. And mostly I know it will be extremely hard on my mom and I want to be home for her. Plus I just want to be home... He's been in my prayers every night for the past couple years because of his health but I still didn't want to believe it when I woke up to a text from dad, telling me the news. I already feel him watching over me along with my other ancestors and it is a bittersweet feeling.
This is my Uncle Douglas as a BYU Football Thursday Hero. Like I said, amazing man.
 
"A happy home is but an earlier heaven."
-President Monson

ps. HOME in 36 days!

1 comment:

  1. This is the first I'm hearing of this. I'm so sorry Katelyn.. Hang in there! I can only imagine how being away from family right now sucks! We love you and will keep your family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete