November 24, 2011

Busy busy!

My schedule is anything but busy busy. But I have some advice for those away from home. I have learned the only way to stay away from intense homesickness is staying busy.. The other night after my depressing post, I could NOT stand just sitting in my lonely room doing homework, so I went for a bike ride. Whenever I start getting homesick I distract myself. Tonight, I went for a jog and listened to music. And whatever you do, don't  let yourself dwell on home for too long.... trust me.
 I absolutely love these bike rides.

I'm doing a lot better from when I posted! (Even talked to the madre today and didn't cry- step up from Sunday..) I went to my favorite beach all yesterday (Sunset), hitchhiked all over, ate yummy food, and thought less about home. 

Today after classes, was LAUNDRY DAY. Yes I said day. Laundry ends up taking forever here after you collect your stuff, make it down to the laundry room, and wait for a machine. Then you're gonna have to switch machines a couple times until one actually works. Then you wait in the room to watch your loads (people do weird stuff here like throw in a random thong..or steal one thing from your load). But it's whatever. The feeling of clean laundry in college is my all time favorite! Seriously. My room smells divine afterwards and everything just seems so clean. Even coming outta this place........
 Just had to snap a picture for memory's sake. I mean if the floors weren't so nast, or flooded 24/7, or if there weren't hairballs flying around the room, or if every other machine didn't break every 5 seconds, then this place would be alright.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I am going to watch a movie with my ward in the morning, then have the ward din at 1 PM. Then at 3, I'm heading into Waikiki for the weekend with some girls! I know if I didn't have all these distractions I could easily hide out in my room and bawl my eyes out. But I won't. I will be strong. And I will have a good weekend! And I wish all my friends and family one as well. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. KATELYN. I LOVE YOU, and I know you're homesick-that would be so so hard. But know that your family loves you, and so do i! I'm totally jealous that for your weekend adventure you're going to Waikiki. You'll look back and remember how much fun you had, live it up, you're almost done! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete