November 7, 2011

There's more to life..

FOREWARNED: If you do not wish to know some of my deepest thoughts, go elsewhere.

A friend from high school has inspired me. If she catches on, I want her to know I have always been jealous of her. She is amazing and I wish I would have been there for her when she needed a friend.

High school is a rollercoaster for most people. I think we all have challenges throughout high school and many are personal that most people aren't aware of. I know I had my fair share and most people have NO clue what was going on in my life. I literally just read this girl's blog for over an hour and cried. Why was I so selfish in high school? Why wasn't I aware that there were other people who needed a friend? Why did I even care what people thought about me? Sooo many questions with no purpose to regret.


"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking."

Yes, Derek Zoolander errbody. LOVE this movie.
But wanna know who taught me that truth, that EVERY girl should learn for herself? My momma.
 My mom is beautiful inside and out and I love her SOOOOOsoso much. I hope she reads this and realizes that. Whenever I have had any negative feelings/thoughts/etc. about the way I look, I remember this one time a long time ago when my mom said something that has stayed with me. K if you know me at all, I HAVE THE WORST MEMORY. Seriously, sometimes I think to myself "my poor husband, I am going to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's at 30.." Anyways, I can not quote her exactly. But I remember I was probably in 8th or 9th grade (when most girls start caring a LOT about what they look like). The transition age from awk junior high to worrying about high school life. Yeah, I started caring somewhat and I think that worried her. One day, we were in my room talking and she told me how beautiful I am. She warned me about the dangers of becoming obsessed with your looks/weight/body/etc. I remember thinking "yeah, yeah whatever, I don't even care toooo much" But at the same time, I knew what she was telling me would be important someday. And man, oh man, being a girl it has been a saving grace to me. That lesson she taught me that day has done wonders in my life. She made me realize that I am beautiful. Every girl is beautiful in their own way. Yeah I'm being a cheez-ball so you can pounce anytime you want.. But seriously. You do NOT have to be size zero. You do NOT have to have perfect skin. I could go on. It is so easy to pick out the negative things about ourselves, it is quite ridiculous. I can picture Heavenly Father laughing at how ridiculous we can be. Or maybe crying. He has blessed us with our bodies and we need to respect them. And not fret about them. Which is why I am so thankful for a mom that taught me that I am beautiful. It SICKENS me to hear some of my friends mention the things their moms say about their weight and such. I hope I have daughters. And I hope to be able to teach them that they are beautiful just the way they are. That they deserve a man that sees that beauty.

SIDENOTE: I used to be jealous of my friend's moms that looked like barbies. WHAT WAS I THINKING. My mom is the best mom out there and everyone should be blessed with a mom as good as her..

EVERYONE has something they don't like about themselves. Why waste time disliking it? Learn to love yourself. Confession: I have freckles on my lips. Yeah kinda gross huh? Haha I used to DESPISE them. And when people noticed, I would get extremely self concsious about it and super awk. How embarrassing. And even still when people point it out, my face turns 893 shades more red probably.  But guess what? I can't make those weirdo freckles go away so all I can do is love them. Yeah, I wear SPF always to minimize them. And you can minimize the things you dislike about yourself allll you want, but they won't go away! Work with the body you have and be your best self. OPTIMISM. 
SOLID PROOF. Thank the heavens for makeup.

Know what this tangent reminded me of? The Help.
If you haven't seen this movie, DOOOOO it. I've only seen it once but oh man it was goood. Uplifting yes.

AHH I just wanna pinch those cheekies. I want a baby girl to tell her how beautiful she is. Aibileen you INSPIRE ME. 
Yes, I just wrote a novel. And I doubt anyone read it all the way through. But as I've mentioned, my blog's for me time. 
To sum things up, I have the BEST MOM EVER. I will never ever be able to repay you, momma. First off, I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for you. Well duh. But seriously. And everything you've taught me.. yeah never, ever will I be able to repay you. I love you so much mommy. I know I had my bratty years and aren't we both glad that is behind us? Hahaha probably you moreso than anyone. I was such a brat to you somedays. I never wanted to be. I just didn't know who I was back then! I'm still your beautiful baby girl that likes getting her back scratched and cuddling with you. Missing you every day!

Life is short, enjoy every minute. And learn to love yourself while you're at it.

2 comments:

  1. I read it all the way through...and I think that you are kind, smart, important and BEAUTIFUL inside and OUT! I love you, Katelyn. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you. so much. this is so beautiful. you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete