November 3, 2011

Easy peasy

Since being in Hawaii, I am lucky if I even brush my hair.. Seriously. I haven't brought out my straightener or curling iron and I rarely do my hair at all. It's so humid/rainy/oceany that there's no point. My sister told me about this way to curl your hair using only a headband and I just tried it last night!

 All you do, is put the headband around your head and wrap good-sized sections of your hair around it. I did it after I had just showered and my hair was mostly dry.  Just kinda play around with it. I had no idea if I was even doing it right..and was soo nervous to take it off in the morning.

I have way too much hair and it got slightly tangled for a sec. Don't fret.

I was shocked at how good the curls turned out! I was expecting a kinki mess that I'd have to hide in a bun. Nope, I actually felt cute here for once. I'll definitely be using this method from now on. No more heat damage ladies!



Tip: Next time I might just wrap the top sections, and braid what's left of the hair underneath. With less hair wrapped, I think this may illuminate the tangled mess I had going. And the braided section will end up as big waves and blend well enough! Try it out!

2 comments: