October 8, 2011

Interesting ways

I just want to say I had the best day.

And that these last couple weeks have been extremely hard.  I had never in my life felt more alone.  I was trying my hardest to meet people, going out of my way to make friends.  And I was meeting tons of people but none to hang out with.  I know I was supposed to come back for fall, but I felt out of place.  I thought that was a normal first college feeling, but I also think it was necessary at that time.  I started praying for direction in my life and I think I got some. Kinda.  So this uneasy feeling would not leave!  And one day I got on to look up classes for winter semester. Basically I found out I have 3 classes left of the pre-reqs for nursing school and one that would be a waste to take here because it doesn't transfer.  I had a strong feeling that I need to move on in my life and that I have had my experience at BYU-Hawaii but there is something out there waiting for me.  I still don't know what that is but here are my options I am weighing.
1.)Stay home after Christmas, work and save mula
2.)Work as a nanny somewhere totally random and earn some $
3.)Keep working on the pre-reqs at dixie (if I get a scholarship)
4.)Move up to provo to be with my friends (I miss them so much but this is the least realistic option)

You're probably drooling from boredom, but I just want to say that the Lord works in interesting ways.  I had a feeling I needed to be patient and endure that loneliness I was feeling.  As soon as I pin pointed that feeling of "not belonging" as a sign that I need something new in my life, I can't even describe it but I felt so assured and comforted.  I am 100% happier and have made friends since.  Friends that are in the same boat I'm in and friends I can hang out with! Again, today has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment