October 3, 2011

Daddy's girl

Sister Dalton's talk in the Sunday morning session made me want to cry. Her talk was on how to raise a daughter as a father. Everything she said described my dad. He is my HERO and the most Christlike person I have ever met. My top priority in a future husband would be to marry someone just like my dad. Growing up I was a bratty teenage girl to him often, and I'm so glad that is behind us. I love him so much and miss him like crazy. Being away at college, I haven't called/texted anyone as much as my dad. He is my best friend and we've never been closer. And just so he knows, I didn't call him back today because I was going through a homesick phase and didn't particularly want to bawl my eyes out. 
My dad: 
  • You will constantly find him laughing (usually at the dumbest things)
  • He treats my mom like a queen 
  • Always gives good advice
  • Smart (Now that I'm older, I'm in awe at how much he really does know. I expect him to answer any and every question I have for him)
  • Has the strongest testimony of anyone I've ever met 
  • I was hesitant to admit it growing up, but he truly is funny....
  • Selfless 
  • Protective
  • Sensitive; he's a crier
  • Carries the spirit with him at all times
  • Kind/giving to everyone around him 
  • Has always been a worthy priesthood holder for our family
  • Always there for me
  • Hardest worker I know
  • Patient
  • ALWAYS positive
  • He is the most amazing person on the face of the Earth.






    When I grow up, I want to be just like my dad.

    1 comment:

    1. I agree! Love Dad! So glad he set the bar high on the kind of husband I wanted to have. I could do a whole post on mom as well....we sure are lucky kids!

      ReplyDelete