June 23, 2011

HOLY smokes.

It's really been 3 weeks?....

Believe it or not, this was taken by my friend while we were swimming with dolphins. Why people pay $120 for a boat tour to jump out in life jackets and "see the dolphins" I really don't know. We snorkeled out from Electric Beach and swam amid them and it was AMAZING!

Out there in our snorkeling attire! Wish I would've bought an underwater camera to capture this entire adventure.

First Father's Day away from home was weird. Lucky me, I got asked to give a talk! Being homesick has been tough enough but planning an entire talk on my dad was torture. Weirdly I didn't bawl my eyes out like I predicted. Us girls decided to make a little postcard for our dads! What a better place then the temple right? I have made some awesome friends out here.
One of my all time favorite things about being here is having our bikes as our mode of transportation. It is too fun. Also FUNNY story. I've grown up in pretty big cities right? We rode the bus into Waikiki to celebrate our friend's birthday and I had like a panic attack. There were TOO many buildings it made me dizzy. The air smelled weird. I felt claustrophobic with all the people, buildings, and stuff going on. Who knew being here for 3 weeks could change my perspective so much?! I think I am in LOVE with small towns now..
Hopefully the rain lets up so we get some beach time today! The weather here is INSANE.

No comments:

Post a Comment