December 11, 2011

Wowzas.

Today was my last Sunday here. I am going to miss this soso much, it's not even funny. And yes, I did tear up when they made everyone who's leaving get up on the stage in sacrament meeting and they sang to us this aloha song (not sure what it's called). They had us stand in a line afterwards and the bishop, followed by a bijillion members of the ward, put necklaces around our necks and smothered us in hugs and kisses. (sidenote: I LOVE it here when the boys from other cultures kiss you on the cheek as they go in for a hug. Definitely still catches me off guard, but it is the sweetest) And then again they sang to us in relief society "God Be with you Til We Meet Again". Hawaii has been the most amazing experience and it will always hold a place deep in my heart. 
 Love my sweet neighbor.
 Paige!
By the way, Mele Kalikimaka! (Merry Christmas) soon.

Oh and I went to my first surf comp! It was soo sick.
 Kelly Slater paddled up right next to us!
I seriously miss this already.

ps funny freaking story. LINDSAY LOHAN went to a BYUH house party last night.. and got her purse stolen? Haha I SO wish I had been social and went.
http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?id=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tmz.com%2F2011%2F12%2F11%2Flindsay-lohan-hawaii-purse-stolen%2F

1 comment:

  1. Wait, everything about this post is great: first, i would have burst out in tears with those farewells! second, kelly freaking slater-- my sister would probably maul you to get that picture. and third, i am DYING over LiLo. DYING.

    ReplyDelete