January 25, 2011

Simbers



I don't know what the heck my deal is tonight but I had a complete 180 and turned into such a bawl baby!  My plan for the morning was to wake up at 4:45 and go to cycling so I was trying to get to bed early and then I heard a dog barking.  Holy flashback galore.  It was over two years ago that I found Simba after he had died.  September 6, 2009.  For awhile after that tragic experience, I couldn't even talk or think about him without bawling my eyes out.  Of course that phase faded and here I am, missing him.  I miss cuddling with him.  I miss sneaking down to the laundry room at night to sleep with him when I was sad.  I miss feeding him from the palm of my hand.  I miss him sleeping in my bed taking up 3/4 of it.  I miss going through phases taking him for walks with dad.  I miss his cutest puppy face when he knew he was in trouble. I miss swimming with him even though he smelled like crap after.  I miss talking to him when I felt like he was my best friend.  I miss fighting over not feeding him. And I miss each one of the memories that these pictures hold.
Layton house.  I have very few memories of our house in Layton and this is one of them!  Playing with Simba & Bug outside.  With Braden's disintegrating diapers hahah.

Probably the first and last bath we ever gave Simba.  He had way too much energy for baths. 

South Jordan deck.  Haha I remember trying to sleep out in his doghouse with him when I was angry at the world.

I remember taking this picture one family night, thinking it was the funniest thing I had ever seen.  Haha sometimes I worry myself.

Cutest puppy you've ever seen?  I think so.



The one picture I have of me and my simbers.  I sure do miss him<3


4 comments:

  1. Best dog ever! I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to have a dog again because no dog is that cute! I totally used to hang out wi him when I was sad too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh I loved this post!! Almost made me cry and I wasn't even that close to him. He was seriously the best dog ever and I forget how adorable he was! AND how random because I was totally thinking about him a couple of days ago and how sad I was that I didn't spend more time with him and how much Brynlee loved him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He seriously was the best!! Haha and brynlee LOVED him. Member I taught her to saw doggy! That was the cutest. I don't think any other dog could top him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww best dog ever! I still remember when you called to ask me what to do when you found Simba and I was so sad I started to cry!

    ReplyDelete